Next STF Social Meet Tuesday 1st July

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Thomas

Next STF Social Meet Tuesday 1st July

Post by Thomas »

I have actually been to a couple of social events and you're right they are good fun. Without wishing to step on Admin's toes, would some time next week suit? I've not been in Foxes yet - would that suit?
ALIB

Post by ALIB »

Thomas, the thing is with these socials is that you have to name a venue and time. Obviously not everyone can make every suggested date or venue, but you're sure to get at least a few people along, whatever.
Admin always buys the first round, so that's bound to pull a few people. :D

For my own selfish convenience i prefer the Woodman or Foxes, but i've been to the Dolphin, Golden Lion etc.

Just remember to start a new thread with your proposed meeting.

Go for it, the suspense is killing me....

Alib
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Actually we had a jolly ad hoc social as a fallout of the abandoned cricket match last week.

So if we want to do something this week - may I suggest we do it at the end of the re-arranged match? That should get a good crowd and be easier for people who can't afford two nights in a week.

Of course that might make it difficult to *not* have it at the Dolphin. However, its an opportunity to fix the next. Think Prince Alfred ...

Admin
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Nasaroc has confirmed the match at 6pm Tuesday 1st July. See other thread for details. Hence there will be an ex-officio meet of STF at the Dolphin from around 9pm or so to celebrate victory.

See you there Tuesday.

Admin
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Thank you admin - that sounds good and l'll be there.
ALIB

Post by ALIB »

I find having a solid piece of willow in ones' hands makes it an awful lot easier to get served.

Alib
bensonby

Post by bensonby »

I might potter down just to say hello....
Tim Lund

Might be there - a bit late

Post by Tim Lund »

I think I have to listen to my daughter in a concert that night, but I'd like to pop in at the Dolphin afterwards
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

Bugger, can't make that either.
Juwlz

Post by Juwlz »

Yay! Last tuesday was really fun despite (or maybe because of) the lack of cricket!

I'm not a jazz fan as such but I'm very glad I popped into the Lion to check out the music. I've discovered the recipe for total relaxation – go for a run round Crystal Palace park, down 2 pints of broadside in the Dolphin and then go to the Lion for a bit of jazz (marvel at the sheer size of a double bass!). And the Sussex bitter in there isn't at all bad either.

I tried really hard not to do that shaking the head to the jazz thing but its impossible. Sorry.
Frangipan

Post by Frangipan »

I may pop into the pub tomorrow evening to hear all about how it went and meet some of you.
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

Hey guys

I will try to come along tonight but will depend on how I feel (and where I am!) at 9pm - very tired at work at mo; drinking expresso like it is out of fashion and I'm out for leaving drinks in town this evening already..!

Gaz
bensonby

Post by bensonby »

Don't know if I'll make it down, again, it depends on how I feel at 2100. Also, how will I recognise you? 2 cricket teams worht of people + supporters is an intimidatingly large number of people....especially if you know noone. :?
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Look for a pink FT or a note on the table.