Robbed - Hit over Head - But lucky!

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
mosy

Post by mosy »

Hi GemStone. I'm so glad to hear that you're recovering well, not to mention that they got your broadband fixed, lol. It does get easier as the days go by to put it behind you, honestly.

My best regards
boon

Post by boon »

Hi Gemstone,

How did things turn out with this? Any arrests by the police?

I do still see groups of idle youths in that area after dark, although they've been more subdued lately - constantly looking over their shoulders and ignoring passers by. Maybe police have stepped up their patrols?
Nickerbockers

Post by Nickerbockers »

I'm so sorry this happened to you Gemstone, I used to live in Border Road and know exactly where you're talking about. I once had a hoodie come out at me when I had almost reached my front door in Border Road - but obviously lived to tell the tale, but was very shaken up. I really loved living there, but it is so very quiet I didn't like being out after it had got dark.

I was brought up round these parts, yet it's more and more stories such as this that make me more determined to move away from here. A speedy recovery to you anyway, and I hope you figure out where and if you're going to move! :(
nork1
Location: Banned myself - can't be bothered with the Greg/Ulysses show anymore

Post by nork1 »

Just back from Lewisham casualty after having my mouth busted open by a couple of 'gangstas' (and yes, they did use that word) outside the Two Half's.

Note to others - if someone runs a red light at the crossing while you're walking across the road, don't call them *****... you might get a lot worse than I did.

Two of them, what am I supposed to do? Stand there, swing a few punches and risk getting stabbed/the absolute sh*t kicked out of me or let them save face and keep their 'respec'? It happened so quick I didn't know what the hell I was going to do.
I just feel utter humiliation and embarrassment that this happened. I can't believe bastards like this react so violently after being caught doing something so obviously wrong.
A few stitches, I'll get over it but I tell you what, I'm seriously getting to ******* hate this place.
mosy

Post by mosy »

Hi nork1. A big hug and I hope you're feeling better after hopefully a reasonable night's sleep.

I guess few would understand the mentality of pointless violence. However, if such is the intention, it's hard to see what on earth one could do to avoid it - well nothing really - and as you say, these things do tend to happen very quickly. Now, if I were Lara Croft, I'd be an animation that could kick a** but I ain't and I guess even Claude van Damme would come off worse than he does in his movies, so nothing to feel bad about when these things happen, but I'd agree there's good reason to feel cross.

I hope you'll feel better soon. Another hug.
bag lady

Post by bag lady »

What complete sh*ts.

In the world they move in violence comes easy, maybe they'll get theirs one day.

Hope you've feeling better soon x
natbeuk

Post by natbeuk »

So sorry to hear what happened. You definitely got it right when you called them ******... Jeez. I guess you can see it in either a positive or a really depressing way that this seems to be the way things are going all over London, not just Sydenham.

All I can say is I hope karma gives them what they deserve.
Ronski

Post by Ronski »

Really sorry to hear that nork1, sounds really nasty & scary.

Am I right in thinking there are CCTV cameras pointing at that spot, if there are it should have caught their number plate? I hope they get what's coming to them anyway.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Really sorry to hear about this Nork1 - I hope you feel better soon.
fishcox

Post by fishcox »

They can only be described as scum.

Hope you're feeling better - incidents like that can really shake you up, and give your confidence a knock too.
boon

Post by boon »

Indeed, sorry to hear about that. Clearly they were just looking for an excuse to do something like that - getting shouted at for running a light isn't really a punchable offence.

Did you have any information from the police as to what will happen? I don't have great confidence in the investigative powers of the Met myself. We were robbed a while ago, so a couple of officers came around, wrote down what was stolen, and then drove off even though I had told them that the people across the street had seen the break in as it was happening. A fingerprint team turned up later, looked at the location of the prints (that clearly weren't ours), said that a thief wouldn't have left prints in that location, and drove off. We never heard from anyone again, apart from when we called to get a case number for the insurance.
Tink-SE26

Post by Tink-SE26 »

I also heard of something very similar happening in lower sydenham. A man was walking back from the pub one night at the begining of this year and was hit over the head with a metal object as he wlaked through a block of flats. he managed to get back up and stumble through the block but was met at the other side by a group of hoodies who kicked him to the floor after calmly saying "do him" but was scared off by somone shouting out of a window. The man lost conciousness for a bit before seeking help and was also taken to hospital but i dont think anyone was caught for that either.
nork1
Location: Banned myself - can't be bothered with the Greg/Ulysses show anymore

Post by nork1 »

boon wrote:Did you have any information from the police as to what will happen?
I didn't report it. I didn't see the point, nothing would get done about it... no one got their number as they'd parked 100 yards up the road, ran back to have a go at me then bravely ran off.
I was actually more concerned about getting my face stitched up. Don't know what the bastard hit me with but it certainly wasn't just his fist. Mouths don't split open from one punch - in fact there's no bruising, just a cut.

I've put it down as just one of those things. It struck me this morning how lucky I was, it could've been a lot, LOT worse. Yes, I'm bloody angry about it but what can I do short of walking round with a baseball bat? These two have showed each other what big men they are but I really do believe what goes around comes around... if they choose to live by these stupid bloody respec/street/gangsta/whatever the f**k they call them rules it's inevitable that they WILL pick on the wrong person and they WILL get seriously hurt. And I'll be the first in line to laugh as I put the boot in while they're on the floor.
boon

Post by boon »

Please report it! Nothing may get done in your case specifically, but it will show up on crime statistics for the area, which increases the liklihood of a greater police presence. If nothing gets reported they assume that there's no reason for them to patrol!
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Yes please report the incident.
Again I symphasise with your terrible incident.
Guess I will be shot down in flames but would bring back capitol punishemnt for such scum
sydeman

Post by sydeman »

Really sorry mate to hear about what happened. Your amongst alod of people here who feel the same way, and the vast majority of people who live around you i would sure feel the same. Its just the mindless few.

I'm not sure the death penalty will help! But the one thing which wrangles with me is human rights, and the rights of people to do what they like rather than the rights of people to stand up for themselves and be able to walk the streets. Thats the thing which is wrong with society nowadays. Too many human rights for villians and thugs, and none for the poor person who leads a thoughtless life. I blame the greedy lawyers, and so called human rights activists like Liberty. Yeah i know its not fashionable, but with the human rights act, i feel personally i have less rights than i did before.

anyway report the incident to the police. There is no harm in it, and it may give you a little bit of satisfaction that you are doing something about it.
Paddy Pantsdown

Post by Paddy Pantsdown »

sydeman wrote:But the one thing which wrangles with me is human rights, and the rights of people to do what they like rather than the rights of people to stand up for themselves and be able to walk the streets. Thats the thing which is wrong with society nowadays. Too many human rights for villians and thugs
What pieces of human rights legislation do you believe may be hindering the detection, prosecution or sentencing of this type of criminal behaviour?

And my sympathy to Nork1. It is a very long time since I was mugged but the memory still hurts & humiliates.

PP
catscratch

Post by catscratch »

It contravenes the human rights of scumbags to rape assault murder steal as it deprives them of the means to earn a living.
This is proven by the number of cases where a person has been prosecuted for defending them selves or their kin or property.

At least thats the way its perceived by the bloke in the street.

If scotch broon wants to keep his job all he has to do is tear up this abused piece of legislation.
But he won't as it keeps a legion of loony left interferers and lawyers etc in work.

Hang a couple dozen of these scrotes, and the rest will soon get the message.

As I am a little to the right of Attila I'll shut up now, but please dont bore me with all the "why its unjust" carp.
or I'll post my "how to solve the prison overcrowding" lecture [and it dont involve hanging them all either.]
Paddy Pantsdown

Post by Paddy Pantsdown »

catscratch wrote:It contravenes the human rights of scumbags to rape assault murder steal as it deprives them of the means to earn a living.
This is proven by the number of cases where a person has been prosecuted for defending them selves or their kin or property.
What human rights legislation should we rip up? What has this got to do with the cases in hand when all three of us had no chance to defend ourselves (as this type of criminal rarely wants a fair fight). If any of us had got a punch in defence do you really think that we would have gone down instead of them?

I do agree with Sydeman that my human rights are being taken away one by one. But the defence is usually to make it easier for the plod to apprehend and prosecute the scumbags and not to protect them. Are you suggesting the opposite?

Confused,
PP
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Yes I agree main problem is catching the gentlemen concerned. But they have to know when they are caught and found guilty they will not just face 6 months in jail. Minimum 5 years hard labour for assault.
I also agree that the Human rights leglistation was probably brought in with the best intentions but it has just been a green light from the criminal fraternity to avoid just punishment. Tear it up , I agree.