Guerilla Warfare in Sydenham

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
admin
Site Admin

Guerilla Warfare in Sydenham

Post by admin »

STF today received Communique No.1 from 'Guerilla Gardeners' a previously unknown weed terrorist group claiming credit for yesterday's successful attack on Sydenham Station Approach.

STF also received Communique No.1 from 'Sydenham Gardeners' saying it was not them and they are no way associated with the notorious Popular Front for the Liberation of our Planters.

Sydenhamites are warned to report any combat fatigued shovel carrying strangers to anybody but Lewisham Parks Department. Two groups loose on our streets armed to the teeth with John Innes No.1. Be afraid, be very afraid.

More here: http://www.sydenham.org.uk/news_guerilla_gardeners.html

Admin
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

VIVA LA REVOLUCION!

Tu-Ché!
zac hunter

Post by zac hunter »

maybe their a new branch :lol:
Muddy Waters

Post by Muddy Waters »

Dont care who is fighting whom - well done this weekend's Sydenham GGs - lovely job - and more strength to your elbow.

Bollards to leenewham - your challenge next?
jackie

Post by jackie »

this is an off-shoot, or branch, depending on which way you view it [actually I think it's the trunk- with plenty of roots attached] of Sydenham Guerilla Gardeners also know as SGG- not to be confused with Sydenham Gardening.
Bram

Guerr...

Post by Bram »

Anyone for spelling guerrilla correctly on this thread? Admin - can you impose some standards?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

"I respect a man who knows how to spell a word more than one way". (Mark Twain)
lambchops

Post by lambchops »

I hope they dig some graves for the local muggers.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Who dunnit? I've just received this surprising picture. No, it can't be true, can it?

Admin
Juwlz

Post by Juwlz »

I'm impressed that they left their suits on during such dirty work. Glad to see them keeping up appearances.
poppy

gardeners

Post by poppy »

Wow! They have finally pulled their finger out!!!

Is the planter outside the council flats on Venner road on the list?
sugahill cafe

Post by sugahill cafe »

Leenewham will be fuming that the guerrilla's efforts revealed :shock: one of those generic council blue signs he loves so much
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

Guerrillas in the mist?
lambchops

Post by lambchops »

they are just planting some screening for their crop of marijuhana.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I have just received and been asked to publish Guerilla Gardener's Communique No.2. And it is not good news:

Sydenham Guerrilla Gardeners (no connection with Sydenham Gardeners) have suffered a setback in our latest effort to brighten up Sydenham Road’s neglected green spaces. After planting out the planters outside SG Smith, we found to our disappointment that some of the plants had been removed less than 12 hours later. Undaunted, we will press on, replanting the two planters (unfortunately this time we will have to use less attractive and eye-catching plants) and attacking an area at the top end of Tannsfeld Road.

Admin
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Now a happier communique & photo from our spade wielding warriors ...

Sydenham Guerrilla Gardeners have now planted the boxes outside SG Smiths and the more eagle-eyed amongst you will have spotted that the alleyway at the top end of Tannsfeld Road close to the small garage has also been cleared and partially planted. Bulbs are also been inserted into the SG Smith boxes and into the Station Approach planters.

Admin