Power Cut?

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
Barty

Power Cut?

Post by Barty »

Safely ensconsed in my office some miles from Syd, I understand there's been a power cut this evening affecting the area?

Some of you are probs not able to read this right now, but you never know, laptop batteries...etc etc....and someone might be able to satisfy my curiosity after the power's back.

Apparently EDF energy had to shut the power off due to an "emergency situation" - anyone got any ideas?
lbere

Post by lbere »

Its all 'bright' at my end of SE26
Barty

Post by Barty »

High st junct with Silverdale, that sort of area?
Ronski

Post by Ronski »

Looked like one side of the street down from the station where the bus stop is was out, saw some workmen digging the pavement up in the dark there as well.
Cathy

Post by Cathy »

Yes, power cut. Went outside to tell the chaps they had cut us off (just in case they hadn't meant to - (you know what some digger-uppers are like)), told me it was emergency work (of some sort) - very happy chappies and very polite - said would probably be off for about 5 hours. Very nice to know the timescale too rather than just left wondering and worrying about fridge/freezer contents (as you do - but not on this occasion). So out came the candles, all cosy, lovely watching the flickering of the flames - nice and smelly too - no t.v. - feet up just listening to the radio - bliss :D
Barty

Post by Barty »

Oh yeah, bliss....

When I got home at 2330, still no power, no central heating, no dinner...

Selims kebab by torchlight :D different :lol:
Frangipan

Post by Frangipan »

What time did it come back on in the end? I went to stay with a friend when I was told there had been a secondary problem. I called the EDF helpline at 9pm who said estimated time back on was 1am.

The workmen were indeed very friendly, and I was very glad to see it back on when I got home in the morning.
Barty

Post by Barty »

Power was restored to us at about 00:45 :)