Children Hospital and Family

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
paulquit

Children Hospital and Family

Post by paulquit »

I used to live at 11 Champion Road, Lower Sydenham as a child with my Nan and my younger brother Ian, we were there when our mother in Swindon couldnt cope with life and thus were shuttled of to live in London with our Nan....anyway there was a childrens hospital opposite where I had many a tetanus jab in the bum for football scrapes from Home park etc and I cant seem to see it on the google earth maps,, is it still there or has it now gone and been demolished

Also my second cousins the Holdforths used to live at number Nine Champion Road then moved up to Upper Sydenham opposite St Phillips School anyone know whats happened to them ? There was Karen Elaine Julie Peter and Debbie..I think they or some of them have moved to Southend ...Peter was a drummer in a local band I seem to remember him saying last time we met about 20 yrs ago

I now live in Spain and can be reached on my email addy below any info greatfully received thx

spanishairporttransfers(at)msn.com
BET

Childrens Hospital

Post by BET »

The childrens hospital was closed down a few years ago and like every piece of spare land a block of flats were put there in its place.
paulquit

Childrens Hospital

Post by paulquit »

thanks for that info, its a pity as it was a good hospital in its day
netty64

the holdforths

Post by netty64 »

Hi Paul,

My sister and I were from sydenham and were best friends with elaine and debbie holdforth!

We still have regular contact with Julie and Elaine and know pretty much what they are all up to - if you would like to know what they are all doing then I would be happy to tell you!

The childrens hospital is now a housing estate!! its horrible!! I spent many a time there myself as I has psoriasis which thankfully cleared up now!!

I went to Sydenham about 4 months ago and took loads of photos - its really changed!! We lived just off kirkdale road by cobbs corner and have fond memories of it as it was then - as I said its really changed!!

Jen x