Syd Road Improvement Exhibition Your High Street Needs YOU !

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
sydenhamboy

Syd Road Improvement Exhibition Your High Street Needs YOU !

Post by sydenhamboy »

All reading this !!! We all need to go in there and fill out a comments slip. I was in there the other day and they are fighting for Syd High St improvements but need support from US!

I spokke with the the consultant and he said for me to spread the word and couldn't emphasise enough how important it is for us to call in. Otherwise the 3 million investment from Tfl might slip away - they need to know it's money well spent.
Willy

Post by Willy »

Could they not do something online?

I don't have the time to go down there as I suspect is the case for a lot of people, Sydenham is after all a busy commuter area.
Chazza

Post by Chazza »

Willy wrote:Could they not do something online?
www.petitiononline.com/sydroad
Willy

Post by Willy »

I've already signed the petition. The OP was saying we need to go down there and fill out a comments slip or this will not happen.
sydenhamboy

Post by sydenhamboy »

It's open in the evening from - only opens at 5pm for that very reason. Also open on saturday midday. We've got to get our collective arses down there people to ensure this happens.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

I am sure these sentiments are all very admirable - but most posters must be out of here in the morning on the trains they are always complaining about.

I have been down to the High Street today for the first time in ages and the drunks are now sitting on the steps by the bus stop...... I certainly won't being going again

In my opinion the best thing that could happen to Sydenam Road is that it should be flattened and the road upgraded to the south circular road and the quickest way out of here.

It seems that the locals don't want flats/housing on their doorsteps, the Greyhound is rapildy becoming the new Forest Hill Baths and the most important issue is that we shoud have fllowers on the Kirkdale roundabout.

Have any of you looked at the state of Lewisham social housing stock - Wells Park Road, Sydenham Hill, Westwood Hill - are you proud to be associated with the state of these properties are are you all too concerned with your own issues
nasaroc

Post by nasaroc »

Commonsense - you make some extremely good points. Things currently don't look good on Sydenham Road.

But there is great hope for the first time in 20-30 years that things may genuinely be changing:

1. The £3.5m road improvement scheme is a great deal more than daffodils on the roundabout. It's about a root and branch change to the appearance of Sydenham Road. We must ensure that it happens.

2. If you keep your eyes on the LBL planning website, I wouldn't be surprised if a new revised application for development of the Greyhound site appears very shortly. I remain confident that work on a new exciting development will begin before much of 2010 has elapsed.

3. The question of drunks on Sydenham Road is very simple. Let's support our local police in asking LBL to impose a street drinking ban, just like the many successful schemes which run in parts of our own and adjoining boroughs.

I really can't comment on the state of local social housing; perhaps others can.

But this thread is about one vital aspect of local redevelopment - a huge refurbishment of our high street. Let's make sure it happens. Otherwise, Sydenham Road will remain in its current dour and dowdy state.
Pat Trembath

Post by Pat Trembath »

Nasaroc, you forgot to add the online petition link!

www.petitiononline.com/sydroad
Likelife

Post by Likelife »

I bet it's people who don't even use the high street who signed the opposing one.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

This discussion is spilling all over the place. Hence I would like to bring it all back to one place: http://sydenham.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3976

TIA
Admin