Charing cross

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
Annie

Charing cross

Post by Annie »

I have to get to charing cross station next week, I hate to be crushed on trains, puts me off travelling on them.
anyone have an idea which train before 8.30am is the least busy? if there is such a thing? I can travel from 7ish.
Thanks for help. :)
Giddysquid

Post by Giddysquid »

I find I can pretty much always get a seat on the train from Sydenham station on any train from the 7.57 to the 8.19.

The concecting train from London Bridge to Charing Cross is usually a bit more crowded ( but beats the Tube in my opinion).

I hope this helps.
Ronski

Post by Ronski »

I'd avoid the front 4 carriages to get a seat at Sydenham & don't go to the front of the Charing Cross train on platform 6 as it gets very busy. If you find you have to stand due to a delay avoid standing by the doors that open on the Sydenham platform you wont like it by the time you get to Brockley!

I actually heard some guy say he was going to push the guy off if he tried to board the train there last week as it was too packed!
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

The service from Sydenham Hill to Victoria is normally pretty good and not too crowded at all - from Victoria you just a District/ Circle line tube to Embankment (only 3 stops) right next to Charing Cross.

You can also get a direct service from Lower Sydenham if that suits.
bensonby

Post by bensonby »

the 0524 is usually pretty empty...and it's direct!
Seifer

Post by Seifer »

Ronski wrote:I'd avoid the front 4 carriages to get a seat at Sydenham & don't go to the front of the Charing Cross train on platform 6 as it gets very busy. If you find you have to stand due to a delay avoid standing by the doors that open on the Sydenham platform you wont like it by the time you get to Brockley!

I actually heard some guy say he was going to push the guy off if he tried to board the train there last week as it was too packed!
This happens frequently in my experience. There's always "that guy", who sees fit delay the train even more than it probably is, deploring others to make room, despite the fact people are hanging off the luggage racks ansd getting personally acquainted with other peoples armpits.
Annie

Post by Annie »

:)
Thank you all for your replies,
Last time I took the train early morning to LB, I got on at Sydenham and off at Forest Hill, I get claustaphobic and hate the crush.