Community Forum on Thursday

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
admin
Site Admin

Community Forum on Thursday

Post by admin »

Anybody community minded might like an opportunity to interrogate our councillors ahead of the May elections. Lewisham's local Community Forum is being hosted at the Grove Centre on Thursday 23rd Feb. More here:
http://www.sydenham.org.uk/community_forum_2006_02.html

Admin
Last edited by admin on 6 Apr 2006 12:26, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

Message from Chris Best
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Just a note to remind you that I will be in the Chair for the Forum meeting this Thursday at the Grove Centre in Jews Walk.

The meeting will start at 7.30pm and the two main agenda items are

* Feedback from the Forest Hill Pools consultation - the decision on whether to refurbish the existing pool or build a new pool will be taken by the Mayor and Cabinet tomorrow evening - meeting starts at 6.45pm and everyone is welcome to attend. The results are finely balanced with exit surveys and attendance at meetings preferring refurbishment whilst results from the leaflet preferring a new build.

* Community involvement, participation and volunteering

There will be plenty of time for your views on issues such as the Sydenham Gateway and improvements to Sydenham Road; planning matters such as Bell Green, the proposed use of the vacant property in Peak Hill and Finches site in Forest Hill; the role of the Town Centre Manager in ensuring that Sydenham and Forest Hill are places with a range of shops as well as your concerns with community safety.

Please let me know if there are other issues you wish to raise and I will try to prepare a response so that we can cover as many topics as time allows.

Your local councillors will be available after the meeting - from 9ish onward to assist with any personal issues you wish to raise.

Kind regards

Cllr Chris Best
Cabinet Member for Social Inclusion
London Borough of Lewisham
The Clown

Post by The Clown »

I didn't bother completing the leaflet as it only gave two options. The restoration would be preferred but is clearly not financially viable, the alternative was distinctly lacking in charm. What I would like to know is why a sympathetic build using modern materials wasn't an option, or at least detail given as to why this could not be achieved.