The White Hart in CP

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
soulfood

The White Hart in CP

Post by soulfood »

Crystal Palace has just got a nice drinking hole. Some clever person has converted the manky old ONeills into a nice bar/bistro place with belgian beer pretensions. I was in there teh other night and very nice it was too. The question I have is - when will Sydenham get somewhere like that? My guess is something will have to freeze over first.
Ginge

Post by Ginge »

I don't know if anyone else has noticed but there seems to be a big problem with flies in the Windmill on Kirkdale.

The White Hart is an interesting new pub, there is also one across the road that will do you a lock in without even asking!
oin

Post by oin »

I've just been to the White Hart and it was superb. Good staff, decent beer (inc. a lovely pint of Speckled Hen) and a friendly atmosphere. The food looked great (and my friends said it tasted likewise). Just what CP needed.

Sydenham would benefit from anything like it. I guess the Greyhound would be it's nearest competitor and that's not close enough for me.
soulfood

Post by soulfood »

Beware the sunday lunch in the white hart. Seems to me they need to correct their style/substance balance, as we had a bit of a sloppy sunday lunch experience. We were first in the door at 12.30 and made a quick order - but still waited about 40 mins for a roast. Then two plates arrived 15 mins before the other two. Nice food though. Dessert was similarly longin arriving. No great shakes as it's a nice place to hang out, but just a word of warning.
Rebelmc

Post by Rebelmc »

Hope it doesn't turn into a clone of the other White Hart in CP............"Two pints of lager, a packet of crisps and a gumsheild please"!