Feedback on current planning applications

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Chris Best

Feedback on current planning applications

Post by Chris Best »

Whilst there is a topic on the House of Curtains at 59 Sydenham Road I thought it would be useful to give feedback on the objections to 13 Queensthorpe which has also been refused planning permission.

The reason that no.13 was unacceptable was from a design point of view, namely the bulky appearance of the roof additions, and the poor standard of the proposed accommodation. The proposal was a conversion to provide 2 one beds and 1 two bed self contained flats together with the construction of the dormer extensions to the roof slope and the roof lights.

I am again pleased that the Council refused this and acted to retain the original look and feel of the Thorpe Conservation Area.

As your local Coucnillor I am always willing to listen to residents concerns about planning applications and often support the objections. There are situations were plans have been modified and resubmitted as in the conversion and addition at the end of Tannsfeld Road.

Major schemes are decided by the Planning Committees where residents can object in person - and I hope given a fair hearing by the Committee.