Homebase Kitchens

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
Willy

Homebase Kitchens

Post by Willy »

Anyone had a kitchen supplied and fitted by Homebase? Are they any good? I'm looking for a complete service, not the half done rubbish done by the likes of Kitchen Direct.
digime2007

Re: Homebase Kitchens

Post by digime2007 »

I have no idea how good their fitting service is but I know they are quite expensive.

You're under no obligation to use their fitters so I'd shop around, especially if you can get a reliable recommendation.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

I was thinking about getting a kitchen, including installation, from Ikea - does anyone know what they're like?
maestro

Post by maestro »

There's dozens of reviews of various kitchen suppliers (Homebase, Ikea, B&Q, Magnet, Wickes, Howdens etc) here........

http://www.reviewcentre.com

Their overall score ratings seem to be about the same, but peoples experiences very much depend on who the fitters are. There are some total horror stories of incompetent sub-contract labour arranged by the supplier, which the customer is paying usually half the price of the kitchen for, in the mistaken belief that using the company recommended fitters will minimise any problems. There's some good advice from a property developer on one of the sites - find your own competent joiner to install your kitchen, he'll probably complete it far quicker and for just a quarter of the cost!

If you do happen to find a decent local fitter, please let me know, I want to have all my work-tops and sink unit replaced.
digime2007

Post by digime2007 »

Homebase quoted me about the same price for fitting as the new kitchen itself!

I've decided to do it myself but might get someone in just to do the worktops, so I'd be interested in a recommendation if you find anyone decent.
simon

Post by simon »

Goonerchamp knows a good kithchen fitter. I'll pm him and see if he can post details.
maestro

Post by maestro »

When I said kitchen suppliers were all rated about the same on the review site, I've found one obvious exception. Now be honest. You didn't expect Everest to be fitting kitchens like this today, did you! :lol:

http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews203419.html