Daniel Morgan Murder

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
stuart

Re: Daniel Morgan Murder

Post by stuart »

Today's update from the Guardian: https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 ... ith-family

The Morgan family issued a statement on Wednesday morning announcing their acceptance of a financial settlement made by the Met after the force faced being sued and potentially embarrassing court hearings looming.

Rowley said: “I unequivocally and unreservedly apologise for the failure of the Metropolitan police service to bring those responsible for the murder of Daniel Morgan to justice. From the earliest stages, his family have been repeatedly and inexcusably let down by the Metropolitan police.

“No words can do justice to the pain and suffering that has been a feature of the family’s lives for more than three decades as they have fought for justice, a fight which no family should have to endure. Their tenacious campaigning has exposed multiple and systemic failings in this organisation.

“I have met with the family and listened to vivid and moving accounts of the devastating impact those failings have had on their lives. They have explained how their trust in policing has been eroded. The personal commitment I made to tackling corruption in this organisation when I took over as commissioner has never been stronger.”

-------------------------

PERSONAL NOTE: Corruption was both at the highest level and even here in Sydenham. I had the honour of meeting his brother twenty years ago and tried to help the campaign. For that I was criticised by those who should have known better for bringing Sydenham into "disrepute". Today they should be hanging their heads in shame as part of the cover-up.

But I doubt they will.

Stuart