Major nighttime rail engineering works

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
alywin

Major nighttime rail engineering works

Post by alywin »

Residents along the railway line have been given notice of major nighttime engineering work to take place over the next couple of months. I haven't been able to find details on the Network Rail site as yet, and wondered if anyone knew any more?
alywin

Re: Major nighttime rail engineering works

Post by alywin »

Actually, these have started now. Any comments from those living in the vicinity about noise and light levels, and ability to sleep, for example, would be most welcome :)
art4

Post by art4 »

Hi

Have just joined the forum partly to try and find out more about the rail works. We're on Venner Rd, parellel to rail line and wasn't prepared for the level of disruption.

Would anyone know how long these will last?
Manwithaview1

Post by Manwithaview1 »

http://www.southernrailway.com/your-jou ... ent-works/

Has a long list of works

No trains next weekend either

Engineering work between New Cross Gate and West Croydon / Crystal Palace on Saturday 11 and Sunday 12 February 2012

First Capital Connect

On Saturday, trains between London Bridge and Three Bridges will be diverted between London Bridge and East Croydon, causing journey times to be extended by up to 15 minutes (buses are also replacing trains between Three Bridges and Brighton).
On Sunday, trains between Bedford and Three Bridges will be diverted between London Blackfriars and East Croydon, calling additionally at Elephant & Castle but not calling at London Bridge. Customers should use London Underground services between Elephant & Castle and London Bridge (buses are also replacing trains between Three Bridges and Brighton).

London Overground

The following alterations will apply:

Trains will run between Highbury & Islington and New Cross Gate.
Passengers travelling between New Cross Gate and Crystal Palace / West Croydon should use replacement buses operated by Southern.

Southern

Saturday

The following alterations will apply:

Buses replace trains between London Bridge and West Croydon.
Trains between London Bridge and London Victoria via Forest Hill and Streatham Hill will not run.
alywin

Post by alywin »

art4 wrote:Hi

Have just joined the forum partly to try and find out more about the rail works. We're on Venner Rd, parellel to rail line and wasn't prepared for the level of disruption.

Would anyone know how long these will last?
Hi art4, and welcome. If you're parallel to the line, you should have been leafleted with the details about this back in November/December. If not, send me a private message with your email address, and I'll send you a PDF of it. I think it's about 3 weeks in all.
art4

Post by art4 »

Thanks Alywin for welcoming me to the forum.

And wanted to let you know have now found the leaflet. At the weekend the back of our house was floodlit during the night and it was very noisy. However, I appreciate the work also needs to be done!
alywin

Post by alywin »

Blimey, what sounds like very noisy rail engineering works tonight! We haven't been leafleted, but I did notice that late-night trains through Penge East were being replaced by buses, so I guess it's on the Victoria-Orpington line.