Stressed Out Mums/Carers

Forum for families to exchange information on children's activities, schools and share the travails of parenthood
fanillier

Stressed Out Mums/Carers

Post by fanillier »

Hi all,

I've been blessed with a good day today and plenty of rest so have been getting on with my chores this evening and browsing other forums online. It struck me deeply that there are so many mums and mums to be out there who are struggling through one way or another at the moment and I felt inspired to start a topic such as this to reach out to those who may be suffering in silence at the moment.

What ever your circumstances, I would like to extend a hand and get to know you. I am a mum of two beautiful boys, happily married, and constantly on the go, and I have time for anyone who needs a listening ear or to meet up with for a walk etc. Please feel free to contact me privately on here if needs be.

I would really love to get to know our community better and strongly believe that it is a part of life to be useful to one's community.

I'm not trying to deter any happy mums out there too!! Would be lovely to get to know you too and if you would like to get in touch then please do.

I'm currently making a massive lifestyle change to become fitter and healthier as I'm very overweight and worry that health problems may manifest later in my life if I don't make a decent change now. My aim is to get out on an urban hike as many days as possible. My sons currently have the sniffles which they're almost over so I've been cooped up a bit lately with them getting on with indoor activities but very much looking forward to hitting the pavement hard once they're completely well!

Feel free to share your current goals and aspirations!

Lots of love,

Fatma
NatashaM

Re: Stressed Out Mums/Carers

Post by NatashaM »

Hi Fatma,

Have you considered being a homestart volunteer? http://www.home-start.org.uk/volunteer/volunteer

It doesn't look like there currently is a Lewisham Homestart (there was from 1997-2001 but it ceased to exist), the nearest one would be Southwark.

You could look into assembling a group of trustees and voluteers and restarting a scheme for this borough if you had the time.

I would be interested in helping later in the year/early next year but I'm currently 30 weeks pregnant with my second so not able to commit at the moment.
fanillier

Re: Stressed Out Mums/Carers

Post by fanillier »

Hi Natasha,

First time I've heard about this! Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Congratulations on your evergrowing bump! Not long to go now. Xx

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image