Wrought Iron gates

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
Maria

Wrought Iron gates

Post by Maria »

I wonder if anybody can help... we need a new gate for our front garden but not sure which are the best firms to contact locally. It will have to be made for us given the dimensions we require. Any contacts and recommendations?

Many thanks - Maria
Andrew

Re: Wrought Iron gates

Post by Andrew »

Hi Maria,

A couple of years ago we had a great gate and fence made by Jonathan Rowlandson who is based at Crystal Palace. He did everything - measuring, designing, making, and fitting. Cost wasn't cheap, but certainly reasonable, and we have a unique piece of work. I think his website is jonathanrowlandson.co.uk
Maria

Post by Maria »

Andrew: fantastic, just what we had hoped for. We do know of other companies but are making a huge effort to support local businesses whenever we can.

Thank you so much - maria
hondatypeR

Post by hondatypeR »

Hi Maria, i have recently had to replace my gate due to fire damage, the previous gate was wooden but this time round we have gone for the more sturdier option! haha i don't know if you have resolved your gate issue yet but you could try these guys for wrought iron gates they were reasonably priced, but as Andrew mentioned it isn't cheap but it is worth it, also not sure if either of you guys know where i can get some patio furniture for a reasonable price? i have had a look on eBay but i am not convinced of the quality.

Daver
Maria

Post by Maria »

Yes we followed Andrew's advice, many thanks: Jonathan is a brilliant artist (and even though he no longer lives/works in CP he still comes to London rather often)

For outdoor/patio furniture I would check J Lewis, Homebase, Marks and Spencer home etc. Google will give you 100s of ideas, some of them spectacular as well as spectacularly priced. Am thinking of a garden centre just off Kings Road which is just amazing... in both ways.