Recommendations/wisdom needed re solicitors!

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
norfsarf

Recommendations/wisdom needed re solicitors!

Post by norfsarf »

Hello everybody, first-time poster here. I've found this forum a very useful lurking spot while we've been househunting, and now we've had an offer accepted so it's actually happening :)

I'd really appreciate a sanity check on the cost of the solicitor. The estate agents have put us on to a middleman outfit who've quoted £1500. Last time we bought was two years ago in Manchester, and that worked out at about £600 for all the same services!

Am I just being hopelessly naive about the cost of conveyancing in London? Could anyone recommend a solicitor they've had a good experience with?

(Hope I'm posting in the right place. I looked at the Town Board bit but that seemed to be straightforward ads.)
G-Man

Re: Recommendations/wisdom needed re solicitors!

Post by G-Man »

Hello

We have a solicitor in Portsmouth who has done conveyancing on two properties in London for me and my other and also my sisters property in Cardiff as well as a host of other family and friends. They're really good.

I wouldn't worry about the distance, they have proved far better than solicitors friends have used locally, because they thought they would get a better service.

They are called Coffin Mew LLP. I will PM you the rest of their details and mine.

Thanks

G-Man

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
simon

Post by simon »

I've used Amphlett Lissimore and found them efficent and reasonably priced. They used to be in Sydenham but are now based in Crystal Palace.

www.amphlettlissimore.co.uk
norfsarf

Post by norfsarf »

Many thanks for your help!
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Has been three years since I last moved but highly recommend Armstrong's in Dartmouth Rd. At the time considered them very fairly priced.