3 wheelie bins at the end of Hall Drive

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
LondonCalling

3 wheelie bins at the end of Hall Drive

Post by LondonCalling »

After 4 weeks or it could be more i finally had enough of the refuse collectors not taking away the 3 wheelie bins at the end of Hall Drive/Westwood Hill. They were hidden behind the bus stop for weeks and last week they were moved away from the bus stop to the entrance of Hall Drive. They are in clear view of the refuse collectors but they keep ignoring them .. maybe because they are mixed with non recyclable rubbish and recyclable materials so both the recycle truck and the houshold refuse truck wont take them. So.. today i logged a complaint with Lewisham council and i was told they will be removed as soon as possible.. lets see eh! :?
gerispringer

Re: 3 wheelie bins at the end of Hall Drive

Post by gerispringer »

Thanks for doing that I was wondering where these had come from. I suspect they may have been generated from one of the ex-tenants in the little maisonettes which face onto Westow Hill. (there seem to be frequent changes of tenure ). Someone left a load of broken old furniture outside for weeks recently.
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

I would, imagine did not come from one of the posh houses.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Eagle wrote:I would, imagine did not come from one of the posh houses.
Agreed. They would have sent one of the staff down to reclaim them.
14BradfordRoad

Post by 14BradfordRoad »

Rachael wrote:
Eagle wrote:I would, imagine did not come from one of the posh houses.
Agreed. They would have sent one of the staff down to reclaim them.
Also: They never throw anything away! :lol:
Annie.

Post by Annie. »

No, but they like to park in my road! ;0))

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Annie
Still puzzled about that. Surely they all have multiple garages and large drives. It is the premier road in SE26.
Why would they need to park elsewhere.

Wondering how you know the owner lives in Hall Drive but guess the fact the car is a Porsch is a good clue.

I would park in their road as revenge.
Annie.

Post by Annie. »

Haha,I know where they live,I see them going in and out of their houses Eagle,one house converted their garage to a room,they have 3 cars ,only one will now fit on their forecourt,the other 2? Guess where they park? And that's only one family, I cannot park outside their houses Eagle, they have a clamping sign in place.thet like to keep their road nice and clear, sod the rest of us!

LondonCalling

Post by LondonCalling »

well well well.. lewisham council did as they promised.. they emptied the bins but.. why are they still hiding behind the bus stop? they dont belong to anyone in thoses(maisonettes) as they all have their bins outside their houses. these bins appeared from nowhere and are being used by people at the bus stop.
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Annie
Please correct me if I wrong but thought law recently passed forbidding clamping on Private Land.
Do not believe they can clamp you.

I agree disgrace that the aristocracy of Sydenham forbid parking in their road but park in everyone elses.
gerispringer

Post by gerispringer »

Annie-
I am not sure where this vitriol comes from. I guess you would rather live near some ghastly estate with dumped rubbish on every corner and gangs of anti social youths rather than a fairly quiet road with a few nice(r) houses. If the worse that these neighbours are doing is parking near your house then you are lucky to have room for parking. Said drive may be a nice road in Sydenham, but the key here is "in Sydenham", a few yards down the road in Dulwich and these houses would look relatively shabby. Said drive is a narrow street and if all and sundry parked on it then emergency vehicles couldn't get down. People can park there during the day when they are at home, visiting etc. You can't get clamped if you park there BTW.
No doubt that area by the bus stop will be a prime site for flytipping now there are empty bins.
Annie.

Post by Annie. »

Excuse me for speaking!
Just in case you missed it----- I did put a smiley face after my post, just so I didn't get the usual stroppy answer to my post,
Oh, and for the record, Sheenewood and Chulsa are not tat far away!
Ps, do you live in Hall Drive ? I personally think it has gone right down hill in recent years.

LondonCalling

Post by LondonCalling »

gerispringer wrote:Thanks for doing that I was wondering where these had come from. I suspect they may have been generated from one of the ex-tenants in the little maisonettes which face onto Westow Hill. (there seem to be frequent changes of tenure ). Someone left a load of broken old furniture outside for weeks recently.

i know about that furniture that was left outside for weeks.. people moved out of one of those maisonetts and left the old furniture to the refuse collectors. . what they should have done was to ring the council to come and collect it.. maybe there is a charge to collect so i presume thats why they just left the furniture and moved away.
Annie.

Post by Annie. »

It did make the road look tatty, but surely when the bin men or road sweepers? ( if they have one) could have reported it,
I often photograph rubbish around Sydenham and inform the council, even on the way to Penge, if I see rubbish I inform Bromley council, it doesn't take a lot does it.

LondonCalling

Post by LondonCalling »

Annie. wrote:It did make the road look tatty, but surely when the bin men or road sweepers? ( if they have one) could have reported it,
I often photograph rubbish around Sydenham and inform the council, even on the way to Penge, if I see rubbish I inform Bromley council, it doesn't take a lot does it.

what? the bin men reporting? its not in their job guidlines to do such a thing. Its easier for them to look at it week after week probably saying to themselves" there is no way i am collecting mixed rubbish and recyclables together and contaminate my truck"
Annie.

Post by Annie. »

Ok,how about a resident? Why was it left weeks before it was collected? Are they to posh to push? ;0))

LondonCalling

Post by LondonCalling »

Annie. wrote:Ok,how about a resident? Why was it left weeks before it was collected? Are they to posh to push? ;0))

it was collected! it was collected yesterday.. i know the person who actually smashed up the furniture and chucked it into those bins to rid the eyesore from Hall Drive and that smashed up furniture has been sitting in those bins for .... well ever since you stopped seeing them in hall drive lol
Annie.

Post by Annie. »

I am glad it was collected after WEEKS of being left there, but, the residents could have done better, I have always been pleasantly surprised by the efficiency of Lewisham Council, just to give them their due.

Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Out of interest can someone confirm or otherwise that private car clamping now illegal.
LondonCalling

Post by LondonCalling »

Eagle wrote:Out of interest can someone confirm or otherwise that private car clamping now illegal.
park in hall drive and find out
lol