No trains, no trains just chaos this weekend ...

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
admin
Site Admin

No trains, no trains just chaos this weekend ...

Post by admin »

Yep, London Bridge & Victoria stations will be celebrating the long late spring holiday weekend by ... CLOSING (well maybe).

So if you were thinking of going anywhere, think again. The news culled from the websites is in WEEKEND WORKS here: http://sydenham.org.uk/travel/

I have my doubts about the Overground. They claim only Sunday and only to/from West Croydon. I would double check the Crystal Palace trains are really running ... and while Southern say Victoria is open, Southeastern says its closed.

Time to take up jogging?

Admin
Rachael

Re: No trains, no trains just chaos this weekend ...

Post by Rachael »

Well, that's just marvellous for those of us who have people visiting for the long weekend, hoping to enjoy the attractions of the Big Smoke. Pfft.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Well Rachael don't forget our beloved 176. 24/7 to/from the West End, cheaper and great top deck viewings of the delights of the Elephant & C, Walworth Road, Camberwell, East Dulwich & Forest Hill whilst polishing off War & Peace and composing the sequel

Admin :wink:
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

I'm sure my brother, who is coming to celebrate his 50th birthday, will appreciate the Grand Tour of Sarf Landan on his way into town for a slap-up dinner.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

There is always the chippy on Kirkdale ... he's still young, he will understand ... :wink:

Admin
dogkennel

Post by dogkennel »

Hang on, that’s rather scaremongering.

Though Sunday isn’t perfect, so do check before you travel. It’s 3 days when pesky commuters aren’t clamouring to get to work and major works are required at London Bridge.

Victoria station isn’t closing down for the weekend. Southern trains running from Crystal Palace into Victoria all weekend. Although on Sunday you won’t be able to get from Sydenham Hill into Victoria, South Eastern trains diverted into Blackfriars.

There are works meaning some platform closures at London Bridge all weekend, and no Southern trains from Sydenham to London Bridge all weekend. But you can get South Eastern services from Lower Sydenham into London Bridge and Charing Cross all weekend. The Overground is running fine (except Sunday) so from Sydenham station you can get connect onto Jubilee line at Canada Water. And barely any other Underground closures all weekend. On Sunday there won't be Overground between Sydenham and West Croydon but the branch to Crystal Palace is not affected so there will be trains between Sydenham to Canada Water and all points north.

Not exactly chaos everywhere?!

A transport pedant.
dogkennel

Post by dogkennel »

Just a reminder, despite the subject title, Overground trains are running normally today. No Southern trains between Sydenham and London Bridge all weekend (although South Eastern are running between Lower Sydenham and London Bridge, all weekend).