The Horniman are one of ten finalists in the Art Fund Prize for Museum of the Year 2013, the largest UK arts prize at £100,000. The Prize highlights the innovative and creative ways that museums bring objects and collections to life, looking specifically at 2012 activities.
Being a finalist is a real tribute, and they want to thank you all for helping this to happen. Your continued visits and support over the years have enabled the Museum to go from strength to strength.
From now until the end of May five judges will travel the UK to see the ten museums, revealing the winners on 4 June. The winner will be announced live on BBC Radio 4’s Front Row programme on 4 June, so remember to tune in!
The finalists include neigbouring Dulwich Picture Gallery plus:
- BALTIC Centre for Contemporary Art, Gateshead
- The Beaney, Canterbury
- The Hepworth Wakefield, Wakefield
- Kelvingrove Museum and Art Gallery, Glasgow
- Museum of Archeology & Anthropology, Cambridge
- Narberth Museum, Wales
- Preston Park Museum, Stockton-on-Tees
- William Morris Gallery, London