That disused building in Mayow Park

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
dickp

That disused building in Mayow Park

Post by dickp »

Morning chaps.

I was down in Dulwich Park at the weekend, and I noticed that the old park lodge there had been refurbished by some outfit called Whippersnappers.org. They seem to run a feast of yummy mummy actitivies - baby massage, yoga, art therapy and all that kind of stuff. Turns out they'd been granted a 15 year lease to run the scheme, and it's been opened for a while now.

I'm pretty sure I remember that there was some discussion in here about the possibility of turning the disused Mayow Park building into a cafe or something. Does anyone here know what's happening with that - and, if nothing is - should I drop these Whippersnappers chaps a line, to investigate whether they'd like to do something else in Sydenham? I'm not sure who I suggest they contact - would it be the parks department, or Glendale, does anyone know?
leenewham

Re: That disused building in Mayow Park

Post by leenewham »

Hi Dick,

Good idea.

Contact Friends of Mayow Park, they will know and have already made a massive difference in the park.

There is also a disused building in Home Park that is crying out for a use which as the advantage of being near the library which is already used by many parents and children.

All the best,
Lee
dickp

Post by dickp »

Thanks Lee. I confess I don't know where the Home Park property is.

I'll walk the mutt down there tomorrow morning and have a mooch around, so I know where it lies in relation to the rest of the park.

Then I'll bang out an email to Whippersnappers, alerting them to both buildings.
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

It's the changing rooms in Home Park Dick just opposite the library.There are some very good plans to open up the front of the park.
dickp

Post by dickp »

The one-story brick building on the main road?
chrism

Post by chrism »

It would be great to find a use for the building in Home Park!