Mail deliveries

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Peak-Hillbilly

Mail deliveries

Post by Peak-Hillbilly »

Hi

I'm not new to the Forum, was registered previously as Peak Hillbilly but couldn't log-in as the email address has elapsed, so now posting as Peak-Hillbilly.

I just wondered if anybody else has noticed problems with their mail deliveries? I live near Sydenham station and have had a parcel (birthday present) go missing, an anniversary card from my Dad go missing and this week no mail at all, despite business mail being sent out to me on Monday (with a confirmation by text). I'm not sure that we still have the same postman working in our street. If you've also had problems could you post here? (Excuse the pun) Thanks.
Mattm1984

Re: Mail deliveries

Post by Mattm1984 »

I live on Lawrie Park Road and we have had deliveries every day this week however if parcels or anything from a courier gets dropped off we rarely ever see the item and have to get stuff resent to other addresses or parcel shops.

Probably worth a call to the Co tact centre to see if they have had any staff shortages or issues on your round.
Parker1970

Post by Parker1970 »

Peak-Hillbilly wrote:Hi

I'm not new to the Forum, was registered previously as Peak Hillbilly but couldn't log-in as the email address has elapsed, so now posting as Peak-Hillbilly.

I just wondered if anybody else has noticed problems with their mail deliveries? I live near Sydenham station and have had a parcel (birthday present) go missing, an anniversary card from my Dad go missing and this week no mail at all, despite business mail being sent out to me on Monday (with a confirmation by text). I'm not sure that we still have the same postman working in our street. If you've also had problems could you post here? (Excuse the pun) Thanks.
I'm just opposite the station in a 7 flat building and post has been arriving. Not had one go missing yet, I only experience the usual red card with "you were not in so we left it at the post office" despite me being home all day... as always happens.
Peak-Hillbilly

Post by Peak-Hillbilly »

Thanks for your replies - that's encouraging that it's not a wider problem.
marymck

Post by marymck »

Postal services are more miss than hit on upper Kirkdale. I believe this is partly because a change of rota systems has shifted posties from consecutive four day to five day pattern, meaning our regular postman has been moved to another area. Our Simon was efficient and very thoughtful, alway giving plenty of time for me and my dodgy knee to get down three flights of stairs to the door and never leaving letters sticking out of the letterbox or parcels on the doorstep.

Since Simon was moved, we have no regular deliveries and services are very variable. We go for days with no post at all, then we get a deluge arriving at once. We've had parcels left on the doorstep (on two occasions I've been at home and only found the parcel when I went out!) and even had a "signed for" letter signed for by the postie and put through the letterbox!

We also had a "sorry we missed you" card put through the letterbox with just the house number on. No name, no street, no reference number. Needless to say, the sorting office couldn't find it.

Yesterday I came home to find post sticking out of the letterbox, thus advertising that no one was at home. This less than a week after our next door neighbour was burgled.

I have requested that Royal Mail be asked to send a representative to the next Forest Hill Assembly.
monkeyarms

Post by monkeyarms »

We returned home the other day to find, mystifyingly, one of our large stone plant pots standing in front of our front door.

I put it back where it belongs in our front garden.

It occurred to me that someone must have made a delivery and made the really stupid decision to plonk this large plant pot in front of our front door in order to "hide" a parcel behind it. There was no sign of any parcel. They hadn't even put a note through the door.

They may as well have just put up a sign saying "Attention thieves and opportunists! There's a big parcel JUST HERE – come and nick it!"

Which is of course just what had happened.
Peak-Hillbilly

Post by Peak-Hillbilly »

Have to agree with marymck that we also seem to get no mail for days at a time and then many things arrive on the same day. The anniversary card that went missing for a couple of weeks arrived today with a damage note from the post-office - so that mystery is solved.
appletree

Post by appletree »

We have problems in the upper Kirkdale area. Post delivered to the wrong houses; post just thrown onto the porch instead of being put in letterbox, so sometimes it gets wet. Nothing for days at a time and then a lot. We have had a "you were out" card with no indication of the recipient or even the house; eventually on inquiry it appeared that the card was for another person house entirely, but when my husband asked at the post office what they were going to do about notifying the other person, they made it clear they would not be doing so! So he had to do it. Really not good.
appletree

Post by appletree »

There is a similar thread on SE23.com and this number is given there for complaints: 03457740740. This issue is apparently going to be raised at the next Forest Hill Assembly, according to the thread.