The History of Sydenham from Cippenham to present day. Links to photos especially welcome!
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
There were three large Victorian houses originally on the site prior to the building of the Corporation Of London's/Donald McMorran's fine 50's creation Lammas Green Estate,which was officially opened Nov 1st 1957.One of the houses was destroyed by WW11 bombing,the other two were demolished for the building of the estate;there is a photo of one of them,'Manor House' No.38 Sydenham Hill on page 76 of Steve Grindlay's book 'Sydenham & Forest Hill Through Time'. There are no known photos of the other two.