5-a-side footie

Home of 5-a-side footie and any other Sydenham Club who needs a forum for discussion or planning
biscuitman1978

Post by biscuitman1978 »

Joe Pineapples wrote:Shame about the Jubalani ball but 'Pistol' Phil Swartz has got a repro one, so we can have a bat on that this week and see how it stacks up against a regular ball.
My prediction is we're not good enough to tell the difference.
To be fair, I think my goalkeeping is very professional, on a par with Rob Green. Oh, wait…

Ulysses wrote:…having a ball and/or bibs that belong to all of us makes sense, to me at least. Or are the orange bibs and ball 'ours' already?
Fine with me. To clarify, the yellow ball is mine (and I'm keeping that!), the bibs are mine (but I'm happy to donate them to the group) and the keeper gloves (now washed and smelling a bit nicer) are owned by the group.
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

I did think it was all yours Lem. It's amazingly generous of you to let us use and abuse your kit each week but I think it's high-time the group got kitted-out as a collective. Decent bibs are quite pricey so I've held off buying them until I chat to everyone on Weds.

IF we don't hear from one more person to make us 12 consider us on the 5s this week.

This is the ball I bought:

Got 40% off in Sports Direct so it was £16 rather than £25 (clearly they cannot do maths in there!)...although to be fair '36% off' doesn't quite have the same ring!?

http://www.prodirectsoccer.com/prodinfo ... or&BRAND=9
Joe Pineapples

Post by Joe Pineapples »

Nice.
Has it got a bell on it so we can find it in the dark?
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

I'm 'lurking' in case someone posts availability for Weds...

You think it's too dark? I raised the black but the lad assured me the high-viz/reflective orange and silver negates this when the floodlights are on or light is low.

If you REALLY want a Jabulani I can get one instead Joe P. It's just with all this negative press surrounding them I steered clear.
Joe Pineapples

Post by Joe Pineapples »

Just pulling your leg mate...if there is a problem, we'll just get one of the lads here to trick it out with some LEDs.
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

Thought you were. Your bell comment made me think of this ad; which I love:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEmA_QF30GI
Tarbs

Post by Tarbs »

Did I get dropped or something? See my post from earlier today Ullysses
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

Tarbs:

Profuse apologies mate. Whilst featuring on my master-list (a scrawled note) I overlooked you when writing on the forum. Let's call this one lack of experience on my part?

Therefore I've called Goals to upgrade us from the 5s to the 7s.

Happy days.

See you all at 8.20 on Weds in reception. £6 please, correct change always gratefully received!
Fatbackfour

sorry for the delay

Post by Fatbackfour »

Last minute post from Nick, available for Wednesday if required.
Ulysses

Re: sorry for the delay

Post by Ulysses »

Fatbackfour wrote:Last minute post from Nick, available for Wednesday if required.
Nick mate, you're always required and always welcome.

Thanks for registering; love the name!

So that's confirmed:

1) Ulysses
2) Biscuitman1978
3) Droidathon
4) Columbus
5) Joe Pineapples
6) Bazwaldo
7) CycleSteve
8) Marathon
9) Middlesborough
10) Tarbs
11) Swartie
12) Trickster
13) Fatbackfour

Any more? We've got the space as we're on the 7-a-side pitch...
cyclesteve

Post by cyclesteve »

Im counting myself out for the 23th because ill be around Covent Garden watching the game and I doubt that ill be able to run around with a belly full of babycham .
Tarbs

Post by Tarbs »

no worries. had I not been playing I would have come down and provided a one-man vuvuzela protest from the sidelines..!
Donny

Post by Donny »

Sorry for late posting I'm still on my travels - won't be around this week
Joe Pineapples

Post by Joe Pineapples »

Think I've managed to round up and additional Fireboxer, so we should have a full complement.
Marathon

Post by Marathon »

Something that made me laugh on the letters page of yesterday’s Grauniad:

“Vuvuzelas Sir! Thousands of them!
cyclesteve

Post by cyclesteve »

I dont want to blow my own trumpet, but I hate those fricking Vuvuzelas ......
See what I done there ? :roll:
Columbus

Post by Columbus »

Hi guys, sorry to let you all down but i am going to have to pull out from tonight as i am ill. I have let Greg know separately. If any of you are able to pull in a replacement at late notice please do as i think i have made the numbers odd now.

sounds like 23rd we don't have enough so i will assume we are not on for that week.
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

Great game tonight. Amazing performance from the colours, who despite being a man down held on until the legs finally gave out near the end...90 minutes of 7-a-side will do that to you!

Due to the England game we will not be playing next week.

Therefore; please post availability for Weds 30th June.
biscuitman1978

Post by biscuitman1978 »

I'm in for Wed 30 June.
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

Finances:

After buying the ball (£17) and a pump (£4) plus the kitty taking a slight hit last night it has been reduced to £47. Still quite healthy.

Re: bibs. I have found some that strike the balance of affordability/cofmort but the cheapest of these is £2.50 per vest. We'd only need 8 at most but let me know if you'll allow me to buy them? OR if you know of a better deal elsewhere?

Regarding the kitty. Please be aware that even if we manage 14 players then at £6 each we are simply not even covering the cost of pitch hire for the 7-a-side. Please have a think about paying £7 IF we are on the 7s pitch...and £6 for if we play on the 5s.

I know I'd pay it as I just find that big pitch so much more fun. After the bibs I won't be looking to buy any more kit for us. I just think we may as well utilise the kitty when it's in such good nick.