Recommendations for local architects

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
Andy Tough

Recommendations for local architects

Post by Andy Tough »

Can anyone recommend an architect for a kitchen extension? We live in the Thorpes Conservation Area, so we understand that full planning permission etc. is going to be necessary. Ideally looking for someone who can help from start to finish of the project - first drawings through to choosing builders and project management.

Many thanks
Weeble

Re: Recommendations for local architects

Post by Weeble »

I have recently discussed a kitchen extension project with this local practice:

http://www.greenteaarchitects.com/

It was only an informal chat as we're not ready yet to start our project but I'd definitely consider them when we do go ahead, I got a 'good feeling' from them (I know a good feeling isn't much to go on vs. going through an entire build, but thought I'd get the ball rolling at least!).
Andy Tough

Post by Andy Tough »

Thank you!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Maria

Post by Maria »

We live in your area too and when we were planning to do some work similar to yours we were highly recommended Thomas Ford in Kirkdale as they are highly experienced in renovation/building work in conservation areas - see

http://sydenham.org.uk/forum/viewtopic. ... 834#p72279

Good luck

maria

PS: so many times these kinds of queries re Sydenham contacts, professionals, educational institutions, amenities etc do turn up over and over again.... I wonder if it would be worth creating a sub forum entitled something like Sydenham amenities and services? mhmmmm .... think I will write to Admin about it and make a suggestion...
iLOVEsydenham

Post by iLOVEsydenham »

Andy Tough wrote:Can anyone recommend an architect for a kitchen extension? We live in the Thorpes Conservation Area, so we understand that full planning permission etc. is going to be necessary. Ideally looking for someone who can help from start to finish of the project - first drawings through to choosing builders and project management.

Many thanks
Hi Andy, your query was some time ago but if you're still looking for an architect Marienne Pachonick is a local chartered architect with extensive experience in extensions and planning applications, she can be contacted on mapchonick@mariennepachonick.com