Perryvale Bistro and Bar, SE23

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
Rachael

Perryvale Bistro and Bar, SE23

Post by Rachael »

I'm posting this here because the admin at SE23.com has gone back to his old (i.e. demented) ways and buried my post at the end of 20 pages of a thread called 'Shops, local businesses etc'.

We have a new and utterly superb restaurant in Forest Hill. It's called the Perryvale Bistro and Bar, although I'd say it's higher end than your standard bistro. It's run by the people who own the Crooked Well in Camberwell, and they really know what they are doing. Excellent food - not cheap, but quality. Good wine list, local beers, cocktails, bar and bar snacks if you just want a burger and a drink. They've totally revamped the interior and it's a lovely space. We went on Saturday night as part of their soft opening and the service was pretty smooth, and the staff all lovely. There was a relaxed but buzzy atmosphere. All-in-all the best meal I've had in SE23 in the 15+ years I've lived here.

So, um, yeah, I think I'm recommending it. :wink:

http://www.theperryvale.com
leenewham

Re: Perryvale Bistro and Bar, SE23

Post by leenewham »

I saw it yesterday and it looked so inviting that I wanted to stop the car and rush straight in!

I look forward to trying it out once I've saved up!
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Husband tells me their doors were thrown open this evening, tables outside, packed with people enjoying an after-work cocktail or local beer. I bet they'll catch a fair few weary commuters staggering off the 'Ginger Line'.
topofthehill

Post by topofthehill »

Thoroughly endorse the positive comments.

Truly superb; lovely decor, space cleverly utilised to give feeling of spaciousness; extensive beer, wine, spirit and cocktail menu; first rate food. Warm, smiling, welcoming and knowledgeable customer service focussed staff.

Wonderful restaurant, so its not surprising they have been fully booked in the evenings (and last weekend) since opening just over a week ago.
topofthehill

Post by topofthehill »

Went again yesterday to the Perry Vale which now has a superb 2 course lunch menu Tuesday to Saturday for £10. Choice of several dishes including soup or parma ham salad as starters and chicken breast and fish cakes. Can't remember other dishes but vegetarian included, as far as I remember. Quality was by no means compromised -meal and friendly service both excellent.

Word has spread very quickly - restaurant was about 70% full.

It was also fully booked for 2 sittings for last night. Amazing how it has taken off so quickly, having been open for only about 6 weeks.
monkeyarms

Post by monkeyarms »

I like the fact that the website says: "why not come say hell?"

Going for the satanist clientele no doubt.