VOTE FOR FAVOURTE LOCAL LANDMARK IN LEWISHAM

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
leenewham

VOTE FOR FAVOURTE LOCAL LANDMARK IN LEWISHAM

Post by leenewham »

This was on the se23.com website (I voted for the Horniman, unfortunately Sydenham doesn't have a local landmark yet):

Vote for your favourite London landmark...and see it featured on a London 2012 pin (I think they mean badge, what's a pin?)!

We're inviting Londoners to vote for the landmark in your borough you would most like to see featured in a celebratory set of London 2012 ‘Landmark London’ pin badges.

Choose your borough from the drop down list below (you will need to login first) and you'll find the shortlist as chosen by your local authority.

The Horniman deserves to win against the Catford Cat, the Laban Centre, and Lewisham Clock Tower. Please vote and show your support for the Horniman and for Forest Hill. SE23.com readers have won these polls before for the Horniman, and we can do it again!

http://www.london2012.com/landmark/
michael

Post by michael »

Christhom

Post by Christhom »

Pin is an American term for badge. (Along with button.)
Big Ben

Post by Big Ben »

Fantastic news - well done Michael and everyone in Forest Hill and Sydenham who voted for Hornimans, our own world-class museum!
paultreacy

Post by paultreacy »

I just deleted my last post, for those who receive email updates. I was being pedantic and made the exact same point as someone else. Sorry.

The Horiman is indeed one of the finest museums anywhere. The musical instruments display is utterly stupendous. And it's free! What a gem we have.

Paul Treacy
http://sydenhamshots.co.uk