Mother's Day Offers and Events at Alhambra!

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
shopgirl

Mother's Day Offers and Events at Alhambra!

Post by shopgirl »

Hi everyone

Just wanted to tell you that we have some fabulous Mother's Day Discounts at Alhambra, plus and some super new stock, perfect for mums! We also have an exciting programme of events, interesting tea room developments (toasted ciabattas and tapas anyone?) - and more.

Mother's Day offers and stock
New in for Mother's Day, we have some exquisite ceramic brooches and more beautiful silver and bead jewellery from the ladies at Bizou. We've also got lovely embroidered lavender bags, doorstops, egg-cosies, brooches, bottle-openers and mirrors, all inspired by plants in a beautiful Scottish garden. These products are made from vintage and recycled material. They're gorgeous and they're selling fast! Not only this - we've got all the rest of our uniquely stylish stock - gorgeous cushions, bags, ceramics, chakra candles, wirework and Spanish deli food to name just some of it. Even better, it's all reduced until Sunday - read on!

Mother's Day Offers run until Sunday 14th March only and are as follows:

Rugs - 10% off rugs between £10 and £100, and 15% off rug purchases over £100.
Non-rug stock: 10% off purchases over £20.
PLUS: 10 per cent off jewellery over £5

Events
New events include jewellery-making, felt-making and soap-making workshops, plus a season of art exhibitions in our hallway (The Hallway Gallery project). We've also purchased some enormous paella pans for our paella cooking demo and feast on MayDay Bank Holiday and decided on prices. Please remember, we can host private events, too. Just get in touch and we'll be happy to help. A list of diary dates is available on request. We're at Alhambra Home & Garden, 148 Kirkdale, London SE26 4BB. Tel. 020-3417 6385.
Visit us online at http://www.casajarapa.net
goonerchamp

Post by goonerchamp »

Being of Spanish origin I can say your shop is a tad expensive for the second rate pottery you're selling

probably cheaper to get a flight out to spain and buy some real legit and better quality stuff than buy from your store

sorry had to be said
shopgirl

Mother's Day Offers at Alhambra

Post by shopgirl »

Hi Goonerchamp
I'm sorry you feel like that, but the mark up on the ceramics (all handmade in Andalucia) is actually very small, especially when the cost of going to Spain, transporting it back and paying all the overheads in the shop are taken into account. Prices in Spain have gone up a lot over recent years, and the pound has gone down, as I am sure you are aware.
All my pottery is carefully selected by myself, and in my opinion is lovely, unique, and good quality work from trusted Andalusian craftspeople.
It would have been nice if you had taken the time to make your criticisms to me in person - please do pop in and say hello sometime. And if you know of a cheaper source of handmade Spanish ceramics, that would enable me to lower my prices, I would be delighted to hear of it.
Best wishes,
Becca
bigbadwolf

Post by bigbadwolf »

I think what senor Goonerchamp is trying to say, Becca. Is that for the money you're charging for your wares from Iberia, you could at least chuck in some of the duty-free swag you no doubt pick up on your travels.
shopgirl

Mother's Day Offers and Events at Alhambra

Post by shopgirl »

I wish! But, funnily enough, we are having a Spring Soiree this Thursday (29 April), where there will be complimentary wine and tapas, special offers on all our stock and the chance to see new work by Forest Hill artist Lesley Middleton which will be up on our walls throughout May. Señor Goonerchamp, your good self and everyone else is very welcome. The event runs from 6pm-9pm at 148 Kirkdale (corner of Wells Park Road). I was going to start a new thread to tell people about it, but maybe I don't need to now! Full details at http://www.alhambrahome.co.uk
bigbadwolf

Post by bigbadwolf »

Just make sure that when your hairy chested, Paco Rabane drenched waiters are handing out the complimentary Chorizo there is some cheese and pinapple on a stick for your guests from lower Sydenham.

It's just that they're a much rougher bunch who are more accustomed to all -in package holidays in Benidorm than the majestic hills of Andalucia.

You'll be able to spot them a mile off. They'll be the ones wearing tracksuits, smoking Rothmans and asking when the Bull fight is going to start.
multisync

Post by multisync »

Hi goonerchamp, I am also of Spanish origin and feel that the prices in Alhambra are a little high for us Sydenhamites! The prices are more for the likes of E,Dulwich but then this shop has something to do with the rug shop in E.Dulwich Market in Zenoria Street or so I've seen.It would be cheaper as you say to get a flight out to Spain and buy the real macoy!
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

bigbadwolf wrote:Just make sure that when your hairy chested, Paco Rabane drenched waiters are handing out the complimentary Chorizo there is some cheese and pinapple on a stick for your guests from lower Sydenham.
Steady on Old Chap, I'm in Lower Sydenham (aka Upper Beckenham). Wer'e closer to Waitrose than you.
sydeman

Post by sydeman »

I disagree. I have brought a couple of rugs at Alhambra, and yes they were a little more expensive than ones i would have brought at Ikea for instance, but they are far more superior in quality, and will last longer...and also more importantly unique! The cards are locally made and are equivalent in price as the Kirkdale Bookshop. Yes there are more expensive things, but so there should be. I think we have become as a nation too reliant on cheap things and that only the cheapest will do. Sometimes its nice to buy something unique. Thats why i like to encourage small independent shops like this. No different than going to Kirkdale bookshop and buying a book there even though i can get it cheaper online if i wanted to.