Beltwood House for sale

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
SydenhamHillAndy

Beltwood House for sale

Post by SydenhamHillAndy »

By crikey, it's finally happened. Beltwood House is for sale and offers need to be in by the end of February.

The document is too large to upload but if anyone is interested then I am happy to send them a copy (I can't find a link on the internet).

3 acres and it has it's own bomb shelter. My guess is around £3.5 million but it has been neglected for a few years so maybe not. It has expired planning permission so it's likely that it will go to developers but as a neighbour that makes me nervous.

For the unitiated a simple search on the internet will bring up the rather bonkers history of this crumbling Palladian Mansion (it's behind the shrine on Sydenham Hill).

**EDIT**

I've been made aware that this was already posted in the town museum section. Sorry about that!
Last edited by SydenhamHillAndy on 31 Jan 2011 16:10, edited 1 time in total.
jmc

Re: Beltwood House for sale

Post by jmc »

SydenhamHillAndy wrote:For the unitiated a simple search on the internet will bring up the rather bonkers history of this crumbling Palladian Mansion (it's behind the shrine on Sydenham Hill).
And a search of Sydenham Town Forum should bring up the topic in the "Town Museum and Gallery" about the sale
http://sydenham.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5248
There is a link in there to the sales brochure.

I guess this subject in better off in the Town Hall rather than the Town Museum as it's about possible future development of the site.
SydenhamHillAndy

Post by SydenhamHillAndy »

Sorry, I never go in the Town Museum section.
margaret1963

Post by margaret1963 »

Hi Andy,

I would like to get a copy of the document. Where did you obtain it from or is there a way that I could get a copy from you.

Thanks

Margaret