Sydenham Arts Festival

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Pat Trembath

Sydenham Arts Festival

Post by Pat Trembath »

The exciting 2011 festival brochure is out and can be found at the local libraries, cafes and various other venues throughout SE26 and SE23 and beyond. The Visual Arts Trail broadsheet is currently being worked on. We think, and we hope you agree, that there is something for everybody in the upcoming Sydenham Arts Festival.

Tomorrow we are holding a Meet and Greet event at Here For Good, 17 Sydenham Road, for volunteers, local people who wish to get involved and help to make this 2011 festival a great success. All are welcome! Please, do drop by!

Between 11am and 1 pm we will be handing out brochures throughout Sydenham. Make sure you get your copy! Tickets are already on sale on-line and the Box Office opens next week.

Visit our website http://www.sydenhamartsfestival.co.uk
G-Man

Re: Sydenham Arts Festival

Post by G-Man »

Just tried to buy tickets for 'Monsoon Wedding' and Paypal won't have any of it, the phone number on the website also isn't working, thought you should know...any other way to reserve tickets? I really want to go to this event.

Cheers

G-Man
Pat Trembath

Post by Pat Trembath »

Well, I've just tried and it is working. I have also checked with our web guru and she assures me that a number of tickets have already been sold for this event. Please try again - the link is on the left hand side under the promotional picture. If you continue to have problems pm me with your phone number
Pat Trembath

Post by Pat Trembath »

I should also add that the Box Office does not open untill 13 June so the phone is not working until that date.
safdirector

Post by safdirector »

The festival's box office phone number 020 8123 1175 is working fine. You can leave messages here but these won't be retrieved until 13th June when the box office at Kirkdale Bookshop opens.
I also tried booking a ticket for Monsoon Wedding and there was no problem with paypal.
So sorry if the website is having teething troubles - it's brand new and we're just fine-tuning it.
thanks
Jonathan Kaufman
festival director
Pat Trembath

Post by Pat Trembath »

We hope that you have by now picked up a brochure showing what's on offer during the 2011 Sydenham Arts Festival. Brochures can be found in local libraries, pubs and cafes.

We are still looking for more volunteers to help with stewarding, in particular the larger open air events. If you are interested in getting involved please contact Jonathan Kaufman on sydenhamartsfestival@hotmail.co.uk
sean

Post by sean »

Pat, you need to add your MBE to your signature ;-)
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

I was very much looking forward to going en famille to see the Italian Job in Mayow Park on Wednesday 13th July, until I saw the start time - 9:40pm, ending 11:15pm on a school night! We'll have to give in a miss as the kids have school the next day. Even the grown ups need to be in bed earlier. Any chance of an earlier start for pop-up films next year?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Ronski

Post by Ronski »

It's probably a question of too much light any earlier?

Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Good point, Ronski. Then maybe a Friday or Saturday night? At any rate, we will pop over to hear the music and hope everyone enjoys the evening.

Ronski

Post by Ronski »

Yeah Friday or Saturday night is a good solution, hopefully they can change it next year.

squig

Post by squig »

...And of course you won't forget about the Italian night on Sunday at the Dolphin; there will be Neapolitan and popular Italian songs (although Neapolitan are actually popular anyway so...) and a Most-Italian-Looking-Guest Prize at the end of the evening. Just don't ask me what it is yet. Sorry, the Lamborghini didn't work out...

Tickets online from http://www.sydenhamartsfestival.co.uk/2 ... olce-vita/ or Kirkdale Bookshop, all are £6, if you fancy dinner you need to book a table, if you don't, you don't, only 90 tickets. I think that just about covers it, really hope you can make it!

all the best,
Alex
Pat Trembath

Post by Pat Trembath »

OPEN AIR FILM SHOW in Mayow Park TONIGHT

Apologies but due to unforeseen cicumstances outside our control the pre-entertainment is cancelled.

The free Open Air Film show - The Italian Job - will begin as night falls at approximately 9.20pm. The forecast is dry but chilly so wrap up warm and come along ready to enjoy the big-screen showing of this classic film comedy with the local community in one of our favourite parks.

This change of schedule allows time to take in the Late Night Cello concert at St Philip the Apostle Church, off Wells Park Road - 8 - 9pm with leading cellist and Sydenham resident Katherine Jenkinson performing a recital of works for solo cello including J S Bach's First Suite and the Second Suite by Sydenham composer, Thomas Hyde £7/£5 concs

Also on the programme tonight is "Bird Radio" at The Hob Upstairs - 8 -10 pm - the solo show of Mikey Kirkpatrick with " loops flutes, bones, a red kick drum suitcase and his own un-ethereal vocals to create an intensely curious mash-up between electronic music and traditional folk tales...." £8/£6 concs

Something for everyone
safdirector

Post by safdirector »

In response to the suggestion we make the Free Film Show earlier or at the weekend, I'd have to say that unfortunately 9.20pm is about as early as the sun sets during July. And the hire of film projection equipment (not to mention the cost of a screening licence) increases exponentially at weekends. Hence our midweek showing.
Hope that answers your points!
But we'll certainly consider all options next year, especially if we are again lucky enough to receive funding. Any suggestions for an open-air movie in 2012?
140Interiors

Post by 140Interiors »

Hip Hip Hoorah. To all of the people who organised 2011 arts festival. Was a pleasure to take part, and look forward to more in 2012.