Hotel near Sydenham

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
marymck

Hotel near Sydenham

Post by marymck »

I need to find hotel accommodation for a friend who is visiting in August. Sadly, because of ongoing works at our house, she can't stay with me.

Does anyone know of any nice hotels near here? Nearest nice, comfy & safe ones I can find is the Clarendon at Blackheath, or into town, or into Croydon ...

All a bit embarrassing really, as this will be her first visit to Sydenham & I'd like to think we can offer something nice locally.
stuart

Re: Hotel near Sydenham

Post by stuart »

The new Travelodge in Penge (over Ancasters) will be convenient when it opens. I've asked but they won't tell me. Otherwise the Travelodge in Croydon is right next to EC station so giving speedy access to Sydenham.

Stuart
pip

Post by pip »

Look on Yell.com as there are a number of local hotels and b&bs listed.
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

I know people who have stayed at The Eden Park Hotel and on direct 194 Bus Route to Sydenham.
bensonby

Post by bensonby »

My OH's parents stayed here last year: http://www.foxhill-bandb.co.uk/foxhill- ... lcome.html

They said it was generally very nice and homely but the owners were a little eccentric. They have chickens that provide their own eggs - but apparently the owner would only let them have htem one way (fried?) because being laid by their own they don't conform to some EEC food regs or something.

(My OH's parents run a B&B so they would naturally be the harshest critics!)
ALIB

Post by ALIB »

Dare I suggest the 4 star hotel at 185 Dartmouth Road, previously known as Paul Breen House, Miriam Lodge and now the Hotel Hive.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Revi ... ml#REVIEWS
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Is it really called Hotel Hive ? Surely not . How many stars does it have.
girl_canuck

Post by girl_canuck »

There is a beautiful and friendly self catering apartment on Border Road my parents stayed at. Highly recommend!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image