Carpet Shop

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
pupak

Carpet Shop

Post by pupak »

Has anyone had carpets fitted by the shop on the high street, MD Furnishers? Would you recommend them?

Also does anyone know a reasonably priced shop which sells nice (pref not laminate) wooden floors. I tried the shop on the roundabout and was a bit shocked by their prices!
lettieloo

Post by lettieloo »

Hello

Having recently moved to the area we used MD furnishers for our sitting room carpet. Good quality carpet, great service, more pricey than carpet right in penge but worth it. Michael was very friendly and we had the carpet fitted within the week.
Jules

Post by Jules »

I've had carpets from MD Furnishings.
The service and carpet quality and fitting were superb.
JoeP

Post by JoeP »

Whatever you do, DON'T use Carpet Right in Penge. They sent a bunch of cowboys around to our house to fit some lino in the kitchen who made a mess of it. Trying to get them to sort it was a complete nightmare.
Juwlz

Post by Juwlz »

I'd love to be able to recommend a Sydenham based carpet shop - but-we had our stairs and landing carpet done by the carpet shop on lordship lane (east dulwich) I can't fault them, they did a lovely job.

incidently the same shop said they were due to open a shop on Sydenham HIgh st where the linen shop was? Something must've happened so they didn't?
The Eagle

Post by The Eagle »

Juwlz wrote: incidently the same shop said they were due to open a shop on Sydenham HIgh st where the linen shop was? Something must've happened so they didn't?
I think the rug was pulled from underneath their feet!
DaveT

carpet right in Penge

Post by DaveT »

<groan> Eagle.. enough... please ;-)

I have to mirror JoeP's comments, CarpetWrong (tm) in Penge are rubbish at installing lino - they made such a mess of our bathroom. I tried to get carpetWrong to fix it, that became such a farce that I did it myself.

For carpets though, we had them do our stairs/landing and they actually did a pretty tidy carpet job with only a little paint damage... aaargh. So much for painting _before_ the carpet goes down eh!

DT
Annie

Post by Annie »

:cry:
went to Carpetright last week and asked for free estimate that was fine untill they told me what the estimate was, it was at least £200 more than it should have been, needless to say i wont be using them. :cry: watch out for "Hidden" extras!!
Chazza

Post by Chazza »

Another thumbs up for MD Furnishings. On the back of the above recommendations, I popped in on Saturday afternoon to choose a new bedroom carpet. Michael came to my house to measure up that evening and immediately gave me a fair quote. The fitter was here on Thursday morning and did a great job. They removed and properly disposed of the old laminate flooring (I've got a certificate to prove it!) and the new carpet is of excellent quality.

I'll definitely use them again.
Nickerbockers

Post by Nickerbockers »

The Eagle wrote:
Juwlz wrote: incidently the same shop said they were due to open a shop on Sydenham HIgh st where the linen shop was? Something must've happened so they didn't?
I think the rug was pulled from underneath their feet!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Strongly recommend A J Carpets on Perry Vale behind FH station
biscuit

Post by biscuit »

My neighbour had her carpets fitted by MD Furnishings earlier this year - highly recommends them for their efficient, professional and very friendly service.
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

I had carpet 'fitted' by carpet right and I also Don't recommend them. Terrible company.

I will try out MD carpets when we get to the point that we can replace the stairs carpet.
robin419

Post by robin419 »

I have no experience with MD Furnishings, I bought my carpet from an UK flooring online store. I was really satisfied with them!
Good luck for your carpeting!