Decent Hairdressers in Sydenham

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
Marnz

Decent Hairdressers in Sydenham

Post by Marnz »

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a good hairdresser on the high street?

Thanks
Kate R Park

Re: Decent Hairdressers in Sydenham

Post by Kate R Park »

Hi Marnz,

It's not clear if you're looking for a gents' or ladies' hairdresser. I use Lev at Smart Chaps for a No.2 with the clippers. From what I've seen he's also popular for 'hair art' and wet shaves.

I can't comment on ladies' establishments, but most of the shops in the high street seem to come with an in-house nail bar. I think that my (much) better half gets her hair done at a place at the top of Rectory Road, just opposite Beckenham tram stop. She always looks great after an appointment.

Sorry couldn't be of more help, but hopefully will kick start another response......
Maria

Post by Maria »

It took me ages to "let go" of my friendly trusted and familiar hairdressers in the north London area I used to live before moving to Sydenham... but now I honestly believe Mastercutters are just as good and experienced.

There have been a few threads on this topic over the past months - you may want to search them

good luck - maria
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

In my opinion there are 3(that I know of) very good hairdressers at Mastercutters. They could give any other hairdresser a run for their money(Sean, Lauren and another guys name who I can't remember).
Unfortunately there seems to be a few very bad ones as well.
One of the girls ruined my daughters hair. It was cut wonky and far too much was taken off.
A couple of other young girls working there were making no secret that they were laughing about it. I would not go back because of it. Completely unprofessional.

I recently tried OTT salon and was impressed with the Way one of the girls cut the hair(have now forgotten her name). At least it was straight and what I asked for.

Am also curious to know of any other recommendations for local hairdressers.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

I agree about Mastercutters - two or three really good stylists, and several I would never use again. My daughter came back from her last cut there in tears. The cut they gave her was dreadful. I took her back and insisted on having one of good stylists do her best to fix it. If you want to know who is good there and who to avoid, PM me.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Marnz

Post by Marnz »

Thanks everyone - will look into Mastercutters.
Has anyone ever been to Ambience?
chrism

Post by chrism »

I had my hair cut by Lauren at MasterCutters this past weekend. It was at least as good as the hair cuts I used to get in Covent Garden and half the price.
Sydenham101

Post by Sydenham101 »

I've been to Ambience for a cut and highlights - AVOID!!!!!

The girl RUINED my hair. Was so bad I refused to pay. Colour and cut awful, took months to sort it out. might be just that girl but there were others there that day too that were not at all helpful.

Go to OTT now, Tommy does it. Good job.
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

I have heard people swear by Smart Chaps. Have not patronised the my self.
sophie

Post by sophie »

I have been going to Mastercutters for a few years now. Have had my hair cut by different stylists there and never been disappointed. Scott, the manager, has been doing it now for at least 3 years I think but possibly more. I like it in there.
Aurorablast

Post by Aurorablast »

Marnz wrote:Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a good hairdresser on the high street?

Thanks
Hi Marnz - my family have all used Mastercutters for the last 15 yrs or so and I am very saddened to say the last three haircuts we had were an utter disaster and required correction. In my case so bad I haven't been able to get my hair done 'til it grew out and that took nine months. Don't quite know whats going on there. Scott there is an excellent cutter - so you might like to take a punt. I use Rush in Bromley now - Danielle's excellent.
Sacha1966

Post by Sacha1966 »

Hi! This is Paula from The Outback Hair Salon in Sydenham! If anyone is still searching for a local salon, we are based in Station Approach, & we are the little salon on the corner. We are a small, professional & very friendly salon & I would love to have the chance to cut & style your hair. We have a website if you'd like to check us out beforehand - outbackhairsalon.co.uk - or tel 020 8676 9593. Hope to see you soon, Paula

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image