Venner Road singing group

Forum for families to exchange information on children's activities, schools and share the travails of parenthood
Mazzer

Venner Road singing group

Post by Mazzer »

Hi there, does anybody know when this is back on? It's fortnightly but was not running during summer holidays so i've lost track of when it's due to start up again.

Thanks!

Marie
Mazzer

Re: Venner Road singing group

Post by Mazzer »

I've discovered it's on next week - Thursday 19th September.
SydenhamHillAndy

Post by SydenhamHillAndy »

Brilliant, thank you, have just been wondering the same thing. Now my little one is 1, I need to get in the swing of toddler groups again. I used to go to lots of things on Sydenham Hill, but with the cuts, they've closed down. I am trying to stay local-ish (I used to go to lots of things in Beckenham with the older ones). Anyone have recommendations for things to do on Mondays and Wednesdays?
Mazzer

Post by Mazzer »

Mondays there's a great group on at St john's church in Penge - on the road the other side of penge east train station, 9.30am - 11am, £2 per family, massive room with loads of toys and 'stuff', story time with juice and biscuits for the kids, tea or coffee for the grown ups and singing time at the end, my kids love it.

Wednesdays I'm totally stuck so any suggestions would be very welcome. I miss baby gym!!!!!
chrism

Post by chrism »

Where exactly is the Venner road group held? I always try to go the wrong week!

I, too,highly recommend St John's Church playgroup on Penge High st. Very friendly and welcoming.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Suzee

Post by Suzee »

I was thinking of trying the group at Kelvin Grove Children's Centre on Monday morning - Stay & Play I think. Has anyone tried it?

Also on the look out for a Friday morning group, if anyone has a suggestion.

Sue

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Mazzer

Post by Mazzer »

Venner road singing group is in the community centre on the left hand side of Venner Road, very near the high street, on the left if you're walking away from the high street.

Friday mornings I tend to go to the Normanton playgroup, or the one at St Neri something or other church hall in Lower Sydenham - next to the library.

Marie